The Westhills Arena is a state-of-the-art NHL-sized ice arena and home to the Pacific Sea Devils. Our arena is ultra efficient and designed with a 100% heat-capture system for self-use. Designed by Accent Refrigeration Systems LTD, and was selected first place for Energy Efficient Mechanical Design and has now been advanced to the highest society of international level competition
In an effort to ensure that you have a safe and pleasant experience we have put in place the following rules:
- Reckless or negligent skating, roughness, excessive speeding or weaving through skaters is prohibited.
- No horseplay or potentially unsafe games on or off the ice.
- No more than two skaters may join hands (during public skate).
- Skaters must skate with the flow of traffic and keep moving.
- No jumps, spins or advanced skating moves during public sessions.
- Only persons wearing skates are permitted on the ice.
- Throwing snowballs or other objects is strictly prohibited.
- Strollers are permitted on the ice during public skating with children strapped in – helmets are recommended.
- Wheelchairs are permitted on the ice with the person in the wheel chair wearing a helmet and anyone that is pushing the wheel chair must have skates or ice-cleats on.
- Baby carriers are not permitted on the ice during public skating.
- Sticks and pucks permitted only during designated times (not during public skate).
- During hockey activities, all players must wear a helmet, shin pads, elbow pads and gloves. We strongly recommend the use of facemasks, mouth guards, shoulder pads and hockey pants.
- No playing with sticks, balls or puck outside of the arena playing surface, balls/pucks will be confiscated.
- No headphones, food, gum, tobacco products or beverages, including water permitted on the arena floor.
- In the event of an injury, please notify staff immediately.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or other substances are not permitted in the arena.
- Do not enter the ice until the Zamboni is off the ice and the doors are closed.
- Do not intentionally dig holes in the ice.
- City Centre Park is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Be aware that skating and arena sports can pose a risk of injury – PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Watching arena sports can also pose a risk of injury as pucks may leave the ice.
- No Alcohol permitted in locker rooms.